Monday 6 July 2015

Mocktale: JEE topper to skip IIT to pursue his dreams

Mocktale: JEE topper to skip IIT to pursue his dreams  

Mocktale: JEE topper to skip IIT to pursue his dreams

The results for IIT JEE (Advanced), the gateway to India's premier engineering institutes, were declared yesterday. 26,456 out of the 1,17,238 candidates who took the exam cleared it. Things turned interesting when this year's topper announced that he might skip IIT to pursue his dreams. Our Mocktale reporter spoke to him to know how he arrived at this decision.

"Going to an IIT is no more a cool thing. A lot of people like Chetan Bhagat change careers after graduating from IIT to become a novelist, motivational speaker, scriptwriter and a dance show judge. Though, it is also true that he is equally bad at all of them," he said, making no efforts to mince his words.

On being asked why he opted to take the exam in the first place, he said, "My parents started sending me to coaching classes for JEE when I was in kindergarten. I had to kill my hobbies and interests so that I could devote more time to JEE preparation. They always kept saying that if I clear JEE, I can lead a comfortable life in future. I figured out that was a big fat lie and they had said the same thing after class 10th and 12th exam."

He went on and said, "All the girls I have a crush on talk to me only when they need help with a math problem. People all over the world get friendzoned, while I get mathzoned."

He shared his future plans and added, "I am going to travel all over the world and share photos on Facebook and amass 'likes' while my friends slog it out at college. Also, since I am not going to IIT, I am sure I will turn into a likeable and sociable person."
We also talked to his parents and they said, "If he skips IIT, how will I brag in front of my relatives that he is a prodigy. Also, skipping IIT will lessen the chances of getting a huge dowry. So, there is no way he is not going to an IIT."
 



1 comment:

  1. Guys, please do read this 'Mocktale' on 'timesofindia.indiatimes.com'.......its really funny with some issues to think over....hav a nice day....:)))

    ReplyDelete