Saturday 9 April 2016

THE IMPROVISERS SHOW

DID YOU LOOSE SOMETHING ?
Okay so I thought a lot about it ..... and I finally decided to address the most stupid thing that I have ever done. So for a long time I have been wanting to go to this show called the Improvisers. This show features Kanan Gill, Kenneth Sebastian, Kanees Surka , and Abish Mathew. And specially during my boards my hunger to go and see them grew ever stronger. Finally after a load of convincing I booked the tickets for a late night comedy show. Oh great! I was so happy. and like a fool I went and announced it on every Watsapp group I am on, BIGGEST MISTAKE!!. Do you ever feel that when you make something public before it happens its gonna get cancelled . well guess what thats what happened!!. It suddenly dawned upon my south indian parents that it was too late a show well if you thought so why didn't you say no in the first place!!! duh!!!. And I cancelled the tickets. With great shame and embarrassment I went and put my status on Watsapp that I am no longer going to the show. I thought my friends would comfort me instead they started sending me those stupid laughing and crying emojis. so horrible and saddened, my mood was totally off!! I still feel stupid to go and cancel those tickets.

Well this got me thinking in life how often do we feel bad, pitiful, small and full of rage when we miss out on opportunities . We make ourselves miserable and people around. We don't live and let live. You know what life is like that, sometimes you need to suck it up, pick up the slack and move on. But its easy said than done. Many a times we forget that when a door closes, God also opens another but then we also forget that the door shut on us was better shut than opened. It does not matter whether we fall, what matters is if we rise up after the fall. Things will not always go as we want them to but even in that place of mess its important to see how that situation has moulded us. We need to learn to be happy and more than being happy seek joy in the fact that we find meaning in life independent of the events that take place in our lives. What I have learnt is stop predicting life. Things do matter but don't cry over matters which are not under your control but even if they were, stop self destruction. Keeping the past, the things that we have lost and the things we could have saved does not have the authority over us to determine who we are and who we shall be. We are not to become bitter of the possible good things we have missed out on. You know the thing we need to learn is to remember that give time the time to heal and make things better. And mostly give yourself some time. 

I am an extrovert and I take up any opportunity to speak, to perform, to be on the stage I simply just love it. To me winning had become something really compulsory specially if the competition is someone i don't like. well most of us are like that. I would jump up on every place and never let anyone participate. It was like this inner rage in me and I still struggle with it. But I realised that always being the centre of attention is not going to help me, sometimes it is important to sit back and enjoy the show. Like you would do when two girls are fighting . I am kidding. Its important to wait for your chance and the perfect timing. Let others also do their job and in the mean time you do what you can do your best. And when others get something you want don't be jealous like I do, appreciate them be their support, see even a famous footballer relies on his team. Even if you can't appreciate just act but don't give on trying in being the better version of yourself. Don't be mad at others for getting what you want. For all you know is that their journey is way tougher than yours. So be yourself, take chances yet remember also to slow down and wait for your radiance to shine in all its glory. 
to conclude this reminds me of a Bible verse:
                                                                                       Romans 8:2 
                        And we know that for those who love God and have been called in accordance with his purpose, 
                                                                                                                                       the Spirit  makes everything work harmoniously for good.
FOR MORE CHECK OUT funnilylife.blogspot.in/roshini abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment