Tuesday 11 April 2017

The Glorious Defeat  - Aadhya Harikrishnan

Image result for pendulum clock clip artThe Glorious Defeat 



I’m told I hold my own faith, as I stand on the no man’s land,
The future topples on the edge;   my history in this war is written with my own hand.
Yesterday I was a child; tomorrow I’m a warrior to be,
Today decides what tomorrow my life will see.         


The battles I lose, tell me what I’m here for,
The battles I lose oddly bring me closer to winning the war.
All these scars but not a single bridge burnt,
Each victory reflects what I’ve learnt.


In the end, I’d rather write tale of defeat but in all its glory,
Than to win it all and have my tale be ordinary.
 I see a vision far or near, where my flag waves at heights that sees no ground from where it stands,
But today, I choose no sides; I stay here in the middle on the no man’s land.
- Aadhya Harikrishnan 

No comments:

Post a Comment